Do you want an appointment? Click the button below and schedule one with Dr. Mario Chalhoub.
Steps for Dental Implants Placement
1. Evaluation (General diagnosis)
We must first make a preliminary assessment; where several aspects will be discussed:
1. General health
2. Oral health
3. Determine what the objective of the treatment will be.
We will know the objective when we know the type of bite of our patient.
• If it is a functional bite (We do not make changes)
• If it is a non-functional bite (we have to make certain changes to the bite to make it functional).
* This first consultation is very important to be able to begin to make a diagnosis and to be able to offer you the best treatment.
We can only offer you a treatment when we have a diagnosis, otherwise we would be making up.
2. Taking 3D Dental Tomography and dental Digitization (radiological, prosthetic and surgical diagnosis).
• Dental computed tomography is essential in an implantology treatment) With this radiography we will be able to obtain images of dental and bone structures, as well as important anatomical structures.
• Dental digitization is one of the greatest advances that has occurred in dentistry in recent years; With dental digitization we will obtain a record of the patient’s tissues and teeth and we will be able to virtually place the teeth that we want to replace.
3. Surgical planning and digital preparation of the surgical guide
With the information obtained (computerized axial tomography + dental digitization) we can make use of our 3D planning software for dental implants; With this software we will be able to place the dental implants in the best position and we will also be able to design a surgical guide for guided surgery which will be printed with a 3D printer, this guide will allow us to place the implant exactly in the planned position and It will allow us to perform implant surgery much faster and more precisely, which translates into a better post-operative for our patient.
* Only at this time can we know exactly:
1. Which implant model is the best for the case we are studying?
2. If it is necessary to increase bone tissue or gingival tissue. The combination of both fabrics is of utmost importance to achieve a long-term aesthetic and lasting result.
3. What attachments will we use to place the crown.
4. What type of porcelain will we use to make the crown.
Once everything is planned, we are ready for the implant placement.
Local anesthesia will always be placed to perform this procedure and intravenous sedation may be used if the patient requests it or the Doctor recommends its use.